this is a blog about riding bikes designed for human bodies. i'm a sparsely educated enthusiast and i don't claim to be expert in any of the things i'm spouting off about. here are my credentials:

biking: i've commuted by bike with varying degrees of commitment since high school. for the last several years i'm finally riding year-round. rain pants, you are my hero! i've never owned my own car and i've never once driven myself to work.

ergonomics/biomechanics: i studied alexander technique for about a year (many many years ago). i have also learned a lot about body mechanics through trainings at work. finally, i am an upright biped.



Friday, October 1, 2010

autumn in the air

i would've loved to have the time to ride for hours this morning. this may have been the most perfect first day of october ever anywhere. just enough chill in the air to declare the end of summer, despite the expected high near 80. a little cloudy, but sun peeking through. leaves just starting to change...

i'm hopeful that the weekend will bring time for a family ride in this most splendrous moment of time. the sun is starting to come in sideways - even when it's warm you can feel the difference, like the sun just has to try harder.

my girls are completely off their training wheels. soon they'll ride circles around me. but as i've said before, my bike is my insurance policy. so i plan to be going on family rides for as long as they'll put up with me. i expect to be riding as long as i can walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment