this is a blog about riding bikes designed for human bodies. i'm a sparsely educated enthusiast and i don't claim to be expert in any of the things i'm spouting off about. here are my credentials:

biking: i've commuted by bike with varying degrees of commitment since high school. for the last several years i'm finally riding year-round. rain pants, you are my hero! i've never owned my own car and i've never once driven myself to work.

ergonomics/biomechanics: i studied alexander technique for about a year (many many years ago). i have also learned a lot about body mechanics through trainings at work. finally, i am an upright biped.



Tuesday, September 14, 2010

testimonial

it should be obvious that i'm preaching here. so when i read something like amy jo's comment to the "okay, why?" post: "inspiring me to get a new bike.... ", i have to shout "hallelujah!"

anyway, this reminded me of another moment a year or so ago. i was on my way up to coventry cycles to test ride what was to become just about my favorite bike ever. joyfully, on the way, i ran into a good friend i don't see nearly enough of. she agreed to go with me and ended up test riding a RANS Fusion ST alongside my RANS Zenetik. just a few pedals into the test she exclaimed "i think i'm in love!"

No comments:

Post a Comment