this is a blog about riding bikes designed for human bodies. i'm a sparsely educated enthusiast and i don't claim to be expert in any of the things i'm spouting off about. here are my credentials:

biking: i've commuted by bike with varying degrees of commitment since high school. for the last several years i'm finally riding year-round. rain pants, you are my hero! i've never owned my own car and i've never once driven myself to work.

ergonomics/biomechanics: i studied alexander technique for about a year (many many years ago). i have also learned a lot about body mechanics through trainings at work. finally, i am an upright biped.



Sunday, September 12, 2010

look ma, no training wheels!

this has little to do with upright, but everything to do with cycling: i'm excited to report that my two four-and-a-half-year-old daughters are competent training wheel-less riders! i'm almost confident enough to let them try the morning commute to pre-school on just two wheels.


we already scored a second-hand hot pink electra crank-forward bike for my older daughter to grow into. if you see another out there in used bike land, let me know! we need a matched set.

(it looks like this, only much pinker.)

No comments:

Post a Comment